Sunday, August 24, 2008

WANGSTRUCK (that's what she said)

Just when I thought I need to start pulling entries out of a hat to fill this space, awesomeness in the form of a Wang came along and slapped me in the face.

WATCH:



Yes be jealous, I even shook his hand. Friend is friends with his assistant who snuck us backstage, and we had to feign disinterest to stay below the staff's radar. Hence the surreptitiously shot footage. Dear employers, here is the seedling of a great investigative journalist. Hire me please.

He gave his assistant a scowl when she introduced us as her friends, but was nice enough to make about 25 seconds of small talk. "Northwestern? Great school. Great music theater program. A lot of Greek life, right? Uh oh, gotta go."

Anyway, he's supposedly in town to perform at the closing ceremony tonight. Coca-Cola took the opportunity to stage a massive self-congratulatory PR orgy (appropriately with enormous big-screen graphics of Coke bottles spraying out clusters of balls - see below), and had him and Jacky Cheung sing two songs each.



Two thoughts after the event: there is no limit to the shamelessness (and consequent awesomeness) of corporate masturbation. And where can I get a Coke right now?

3 comments:

j.j.wan said...

haha jennifer will be jealous

dan said...

nice ninja journalism

Sean said...

welcome to the WLH ultimate fan club. talk to albert about getting your membership card and t-shirt.